Search This Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cursed are they who steal

Living with my new netbook is like living with a mentally handicapped child. Its functions are frustratingly limited and I am forced to love it and live with it with patience, knowing that I can't abandon it now. It may sound rudely insensitive, but the truth is, in reality, having a child with special needs can take a toll on the caregiver and is not always an easy ride one can take, even with all the love and faith.

I just finished reading The Hobbit. It was one of The most colourful and stimulating books I have ever read. One can only wonder in awe how such a timeless classic came to light. I look forward to LoTR.

A new and eventful week starts tomorrow; a driving test on roundabouts and U-turns, both of which I have not mastered yet and a karaoke night organised by the office, for which I intend to be part of the audience! OH and it's almost JUNE!!

I found a nice song by Boyzone released quite recently (during the short time they reunited after many years) called "Gave it All Away". It has a good feel to it, with the piano and chellos playing in the background. Popular music these days tend to be faster in pace and loud with strong lyrics and less instrumentals. And such music rarely speaks to the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment